Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Installation Path

Post New Thread Reply   

LimaCharlie
Old 04-20-2006 , 12:02   Installation Path
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, Im trying to make a test dummy server at home, I installed steam dedicated server on an extra PC running from one of my steam accts.

I downloaded the amxmodx 1.71 installer and dbl clicked it.
Is "C:\Program Files\AMX Mod X" the correct path?

and then when trying to actually install amxmodx to my steam dedicated server It tells me i need to run dedicated server once before installing amxmodx.

I have run the Ded server and played on it over my home LAN but the installer only wants to install to listen server. any ideas?

I have yet to try adding my self to the user.ini as im less than a noob at this.

any help would be appreciated
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2006 , 12:42  
Reply With Quote #2

Did you actually start the dedicated server before running the installer?

Send a message via AIM to Silver Dragon Send a message via MSN to Silver Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Dragon
LimaCharlie
Old 04-20-2006 , 13:32  
Reply With Quote #3

Yes, I did.
But I shut it off to uninstall/reinstall amxmodxinstaller and then I had to install the CS 1.6 stuff too.

I think I got it.
I installed amxmod-installer 1.71 to the default folder first, then installed the CS 1.6 stuff to the correct acct /dedecated server by picking ... the last choice in the list, it gave me a tree to browse to the directory of my choice.
OK, ... so far it seems.
So I Add my steam ID to the user.ini and started the server, logged on to the game from my main PC and typed in console "amxmodmenu" and it said "you do not have access to that command" I THINK I ALMOST GOT IT!!

Thank you for replying i know that ppl post and then get stuff fixed and never come back so...I came back. I should do better from here. I HOPE

< Im back! >......nope I still dont have admin, Ill keep trying but I wont be back here till tommorow, Thanks again.
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2006 , 15:31  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie
So I Add my steam ID to the user.ini and started the server, logged on to the game from my main PC and typed in console "amxmodmenu" and it said "you do not have access to that command"
When you're in your server type status in your console. Make sure that your steamid isn't STEAM_ID_LAN or STEAM_ID_PENDING or something.
Old 04-21-2006 , 01:16  
Reply With Quote #5

try to type in users, loopback instead of steam id
Send a message via Skype™ to Goshik