Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

FastDL site not working?

Post New Thread Reply   

FlubberDunkies
Old 10-30-2016 , 15:06   FastDL site not working?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,
I've been busy recently with working on my server and its FastDL site to work with it, both of them are dedicated servers run at my own house, and I'm kind of confused upon why it doesn't work. So apparently my cable company blocks port 80/8080/81 and I've been trying to work around this so I'm not forced to depend off a unreliable public FastDL site, so I went ahead and started using port 82 as a alternative port for a HTTP server, and I wonder why it Isn't quite working yet, could it possibly be because of that the issue is that sourcemod requires the specific HTTP port 80 rather than a alternative, like how it requires the HTTP protocol identifier? Yes, I already had checked all the settings about the sv_allowupload, sv_allowdownload, and every other semantic in between.

Thanks in advance,
FlubberDunkies
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 10-31-2016 , 10:21   Re: FastDL site not working?
Reply With Quote #2

SourceMod does not have anything to do with your FastDL / sv_downloadurl at all.

When you have a proper sv_downloadurl set, which works, then you don't need to sv_allowdownload 1. sv_allowdownload takes effect only when downloading directly from the game server.

If you have it running on port 82, then you should simply add it into the end of the domain name / IP address, e.g.:

Code:
sv_downloadurl "http://fastdl.mygamingcommunity.net:82/path/to/download"
Code:
sv_downloadurl "http://1.2.3.4:82/path/to/download"

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 10-31-2016 at 10:21.
FlubberDunkies
Old 10-31-2016 , 10:54   Re: FastDL site not working?
Reply With Quote #3

I've been doing this for a while with my FastDL server but it just doesn't work, I'm not sure why, I checked my ports, I checked to see if my server was up and functional for public usage, and I also checked to see if I entered anything incorrectly, I'm just wondering if port 82 doesn't work as a alternative.
FlubberDunkies
Old 10-31-2016 , 13:44   Re: FastDL site not working?
Reply With Quote #4

Nevermind, managed to get it to work, the problem was that the HTTP server wasn't properly set up, port 82 does work as a FastDL.

Thinking of making a tutorial for others who want to set up a FastDL site along with their dedicated TF2/CSGO/Gmod server