Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CSGO] Linux VPS Server deathmatch mode not working properly

Post New Thread Reply   

erikxcore
Old 12-14-2013 , 17:50   [CSGO] Linux VPS Server deathmatch mode not working properly
Reply With Quote #1

Hi all,

Strange issue here - using Ubuntu 64bit, server is up fine and ran fine with default rules. I changed the game mode/type in the command line (+game_type 1 +game_mode2) and I can still connect - however, in game buying weapons doesn't work.

Anyone come across an issue like this before? Been searching but have been coming up blank everywhere. No custom gamemodes_server.cfg going on and I'm execing gamemode_deathmatch.cfg on the command line. Scoring and whatnot works fine on the server - just no one can actually buy anything past spawn weapons.

Same issue with SourceMod/MetaMod on or off - am I better off just setting the server to casual settings and running the SM deathmatch plugin?
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2013 , 04:33   Re: [CSGO] Linux VPS Server deathmatch mode not working properly
Reply With Quote #2

why are you "execing gamemode_deathmatch.cfg" ?

the fact that your using that game mode and game type it will exec it auto... any changes to cvars you want to make should be put in a file you create called gamemode_deathmatch_server.cfg

you only get so many seconds to "buy" after you spawn you shouldn't be able to buy past the spawn point... that sounds normal to me..
erikxcore
Old 12-15-2013 , 10:35   Re: [CSGO] Linux VPS Server deathmatch mode not working properly
Reply With Quote #3

Thought it would auto exec, I only added it to see if there was a problem with the cfg not running. But anywho, the issue is when a player spawns they are never able to buy - it always says your buy time has expired. If you attempt to respawn with a specific weapon with G (those random bonus points weapons) players only spawn with the default pistols. Random weapon spawns do the same thing, as well.

Edit - boy, not sure what did it there but removing that line worked! Interesting since it's running the same cfg.... oh well, thanks!

Last edited by erikxcore; 12-15-2013 at 10:44.