Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:S] Roleplay

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Marcus_Brown001
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-01-2013 , 00:24   Re: [CS:S] Roleplay

Yeah .... Even though it isn't up anymore, I looked at it when it was, and it wasn't all too good. For future purposes, I suggest using configuration files and loops for the menus. It takes a hard-coded plugin of fifteen thousand lines down to a configurable plugin with three thousand.
diehard40000
Old 07-01-2013 , 11:32   Re: [CS:S] Roleplay

Quote:
Yeah .... Even though it isn't up anymore, I looked at it when it was, and it wasn't all too good. For future purposes, I suggest using configuration files and loops for the menus. It takes a hard-coded plugin of fifteen thousand lines down to a configurable plugin with three thousand.
I said that it was not my plugin ... Stop posting stuff about being a better coder or better coding parts because my FireRP is private and it is really well coded. The bRoleplay is only one of the 12 versions that i recoded for them to work.

Next project, i will repair the one of sphex and i'll keep all the part private after all comments that i got.

Thanks for understanding
Old 07-01-2013 , 11:44   Re: [CS:S] Roleplay

Calm down mate, I know how feedback feels. I went a little ott because you had not credit whatsoever in the post I saw, you may have edited it but still... I'm sorry, but I didn't think it possible that someone who didn't know about ConVars could be proficient with vectors...

Perhaps you should take it with a pinch of salt and recode it like Marcus suggested, for experience purposes

Last edited by NefariousDomination; 07-01-2013 at 11:46.
diehard40000
Old 07-01-2013 , 11:54   Re: [CS:S] Roleplay

Yeah, true. But like i said Nefarious, i already made a firerp with no convars that work like a charm. This is the only part that missing in my firerp. I don't know if i will release it because i hate negative feedback after bunch of hard work. ;)

Last edited by diehard40000; 07-01-2013 at 11:55.
NefariousDomination
Old 07-01-2013 , 12:01   Re: [CS:S] Roleplay

Pm me, I'll give you a hand.
diehard40000
Old 07-01-2013 , 23:05   Re: [CS:S] Roleplay

Quote:
Once it's on the internet, you can never take it back.

I'm simply posting as a backup copy. I don't know why anyone would use it for anything but educational purposes (and even then, be careful).
Good Job Bro ... there was a reason behind removing bRoleplay and you reposted it ... Delachambre is a really bad coder i tried to repair his plugin (bRoleplay) but there is a buch of stuff to remake.

For those who want to download this, you are limited with his used ... Don't take it. I will probably release my FireRP a day if i get a good reason for.

Last edited by diehard40000; 07-01-2013 at 23:06.
Marcus_Brown001
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-02-2013 , 16:53   Re: [CS:S] Roleplay

I didn't say I was a better coder than you are. I feel no need to say such things. I do not code for status, but rather for knowledge. I gave constructive criticism to you. The plugin was not yours, and you openly admitted it. I really do not know what kind of response you expected to get when you posted another person's work, and then attempted to bribe people saying if they donated to you, you would release another plugin.

I wouldn't have visited this thread again as I am not in the habit of reading through the Unapproved Section, but I saw another post you made about CS:S RolePlay plugins in the General Section. I responded to it, so I thought I would come and read this again too. Although it is probably not my place to say this, I do believe I will say it anyway. This community doesn't support people ripping off someone's hard work. If a plugin is private, it is because the owner of the mod wants it that way; it does not mean that you use the Lysis Decompiler (which was originally designed and developed for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES) and then release the decompiled source to anyone who wants it. My rule of thumb is thus: if you want a private mod bad enough, learn to code it.
NefariousDomination
Old 07-02-2013 , 17:04   Re: [CS:S] Roleplay

Can someone lock this thread? Its getting a bit out of hand. I'm sure you guys could pm each other instead of having a public argument
diehard40000
Old 07-02-2013 , 17:23   Re: [CS:S] Roleplay

Quote:
I didn't say I was a better coder than you are. I feel no need to say such things. I do not code for status, but rather for knowledge. I gave constructive criticism to you. The plugin was not yours, and you openly admitted it. I really do not know what kind of response you expected to get when you posted another person's work, and then attempted to bribe people saying if they donated to you, you would release another plugin.

I wouldn't have visited this thread again as I am not in the habit of reading through the Unapproved Section, but I saw another post you made about CS:S RolePlay plugins in the General Section. I responded to it, so I thought I would come and read this again too. Although it is probably not my place to say this, I do believe I will say it anyway. This community doesn't support people ripping off someone's hard work. If a plugin is private, it is because the owner of the mod wants it that way; it does not mean that you use the Lysis Decompiler (which was originally designed and developed for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES) and then release the decompiled source to anyone who wants it. My rule of thumb is thus: if you want a private mod bad enough, learn to code it.
Okay, bro, the response is simple. "Thanks" would be appreciate ... I tried to repair another person plugin
(That is really bad coded) for people to be able to play a roleplay.

And about the "Code it yourself" I already coded the FireRP that is perfect and private. I just want to see how others roleplay plugins are made (for SQL part and other stuff). So now please lock this topic it is no more useful to talk about bRoleplay