Originally Posted by hellmonja View Post
But it keeps crashing. I'm using this:
PHP Code:
register_event("TeamScore""Event_Team_Score""a"); 
But even with an empty function. For example:
PHP Code:
Event_Team_Score()
{

Try to look forward to use/register log_events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
addons_zz:
Should not be part of a review, up to the coder.
You are right. It must not, it is boring. I just said it because he was beginning. I should explicated better what is what.

Quote:
It's a native call for God Sake, how it's not good? One should avoid duplicating code, but when it comes to a simple native call, there is nothing wrong. Creating a macro is stupid and could actually decrease readability.
Yes, it can deteriorate badly if overused/misused. On this case looked like good fitting.

Quote:
Why are you so turned on about this? Apart of function name not being the best choose, it's okay.
This is a often called event he is registering just to manually hook (by if's) round drawn, round end, etc.
I am just saying to hook the log_events as round_drawn, team_win, etc, instead use ifs on that more general and called event.

Quote:
That's ok. I think it's for the best. It actually didn't occur to me that this belonged to those ideas that won't get approved. If I'd known, I wouldn't have submitted it.
I think you got it wrong, was good you submitted it. He is just saing that you plugin will be on another forum section until you finish it your work.
It is only/just a label to your work today. As your code evolves, its labels can evolves also.

Quote:
Honestly, even in this 'simple' form, optimizing it has been complicated for me...
From my experience, everything I got done took lots of time to learn and apply.
You will work like 8 hours just to write a couple of new lines. Usually, some times you
write a lot, but later you delete almost all, because you find out how to generalize the a idea
and place it inside function/macro and use it elsewhere.

Welcome to the programming world. It is nothing like in the movies where the guy writes code on the light speed.

Spoiler

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective