View Single Post
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2009 , 21:14   Very Basic High Ping Kicker (Updated 7/15/10)
Reply With Quote #1

Very Basic High Ping Kicker

This is a very simple high ping kicker that kicks players based on their ping as reported by SourceMod. The ping is checked at a constant interval (default of 20 seconds) and if their ping exceeds the max ping given, they are internally given a warning. If a player exceeds the maximum number of warnings, they are kicked from the server. That's it.

The plugin does take admin level into account, players with the RESERVED (default) or ROOT flags are immune to ping balancing. The flag that grants immunity can be changed via cvar. You can also specify a grace period before a player will be warned to compensate for first connect ping when a player first joins, and also a minimum number of players in the server before it starts kicking them. It also waits 90 seconds after a map change before doing any ping checking, again to allow all players to fully join and pings to normalize.

I have been dissatisfied with other high ping kick plugins because they were either too complex and relied on server and client rate settings which I did not want or need, or they did not work properly or did not offer enough customization for my needs. This plugin uses the SourceMod ping function, which reports the same value as the "status" command for ping.

Note: This plugin may be inaccurate in some instances, be warned! If you are looking for an extremely accurate plugin, check out this High Ping Kicker by Liam.

This plugin should work on any Source game, however it has only been tested on these games:
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Eternal Silence
  • Counter-Strike: Source
  • Age of Chivalry
  • Day of Defeat: Source (Unconfirmed)
  • Zombie Panic! Source (Unconfirmed)
  • Dystopia (Unconfirmed)
  • Stargate: The Last Stand (Unconfirmed)
  • The Hidden: Source (Unconfirmed)
  • Battlegrounds 2 (Unconfirmed)
If you have a game or mod that you are using this for, please let me know so I can add it to the list! Thank you.

Installation
Installation is incredibly easy, install the plugin in your /addons/sourcemod/plugins/ directory and refresh your plugin list, or change map.

Configuration
A config file will automatically be generated in /cfg/sourcemod/ when the plugin is first ran.

sm_vbping_mintime - Minimum amount of time a player needs to be connected before checking his ping
sm_vbping_maxping - Maximum ping a player can have before warning them
sm_vbping_checkrate - Rate in seconds at which all players' pings are checked
sm_vbping_maxwarnings - Maximum number of internal warnings a player can have before kicking them
sm_vbping_minplayers - Minimum number of players needed in the server before ping checking will begin
sm_vbping_kickmsg - Kick reason to players
sm_vbping_logactions - Log warning and kicking by the plugin
sm_vbping_showpublickick - Enable/disable public kick message. 0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled
sm_vbping_kickmsgpublic - Public kick message. {NAME} converts to the player's name.
sm_vbping_showwarnings - Enable/disable warning messages. 0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled
sm_vbping_warningmsg - Ping warning message. {WARN} and {MAXWARN} converts to the warning count and max warnings respectively.
sm_vbping_immunityflag - SourceMod admin flag used to grant immunity to all ping checking/kicking

The command sm_vbping_debug will print debug information for players about how many warnings if any they have, and if they are immune.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (vbping.sp - 19688 views - 14.4 KB)

Last edited by msleeper; 07-15-2010 at 00:22. Reason: Updated to 1.4