View Single Post
GNCMatt
Old 06-10-2009 , 17:46   [TF2] Scout Multi-Jump
Reply With Quote #1

Scout Multi-Jump
Change amount of double jumps a scout can do.

CVARS:
sm_smj_global_enabled <0/1> (Default 0)
sm_smj_global_limit <#> Amount of double jumps. 0 = Unlimited. (Default 0)

Admin Commands
sm_smj_enable <Target> Name of player you wish to enable SMJ for.
sm_smj_disable <Target> Name of player you wish to disable SMJ for.
sm_smj_limit <Target> <#> Name of player you wish to modify jump limit. Number of jumps this player can do. -1 = Use Global Limit, 0 = Unlimited.

Why?
I run a few jump servers and I've tested this out with different people and most people seem to really enjoy it (I know I do). It doesn't really take any skill to complete most jump maps using this plugin, thats why I've defaulted it to off.

Notes:
I don't have a server anymore so I couldn't really extensively test this, if you find a bug post it in this thread so I can fix it. And if you are looking at the code, I apologize in advanced for not having anything neat, or commented.

Known Issues:
If you tap the floor very fast it may not reset the counter. It's fairly hard to do if you aren't trying and it doesn't help you in any way so I don't see it as a big issue. This could easily be fixed if I required an extension, but I think it's a better trade off to not require one. (Only applies when jumps are not set to unlimited).

Enjoy.

Change Log:
    • Removed the resource saving stuff added in 1.0.2, it was causing errors and fixing it would be more wasteful then it was worth.
    • Player specific settings now reset on disconnect.
    • Now the timer will disable if there are no scouts with jumping enabled, to not waste resources.
    • Fudged with CVAR names since they were getting stupidly long (Didn't change the version CVAR for consistency purposes).
    • Added the ability for admins to enable/disable SMJ on individual people, or groups of people with @red, @blue, @all, as requested.
    • Initial Re-Release.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (scoutmultijump.sp - 6338 views - 6.7 KB)

Last edited by GNCMatt; 01-27-2010 at 02:25. Reason: updated