View Single Post
henk717
Old 02-27-2017 , 15:12   Re: Good Hosts For Databases?
Reply With Quote #6

I switched to Hawkhost relatively recently and i can deffinately vouch for them as far as Fast Downloads go. I verified it with support and my 20GB of fastdl content (Ended up being a lot less) was not a concern. The speeds are very fast which you are free to test if you play on our HL2DM server.

Database wise i am not sure if they are the fastest database host we ever had, but thats mainly because our databases dependand plugins are properly optimized so performance there is not an issue.

What mattered to me most was a high uptime and proper download speeds, both at many small files as large file downloads. Hawk has there own speedtest pages up so you can easily verify content speeds.

They run the latest versions of mariadb and litespeed combined with the latest cPanel and some other interesting features. What they do not seem to have is anti-ddos protection, which you can shield off partially using something like cloudflare but someone more experianced with cpanel hosts will probably be able to bypass relatively easily. So if anti-ddos is a big concern they are not better for you over nfo.

If it helps, my server is a cooperative server almost at the end of the billing cycle. Cooperative servers host a large variety of custom maps and because of this might have larger bandwith then usual. The bandwith usage is currently sitting at 200GB and this is no concern for hawk and should fit in most VPS plans to.

www.bouncyball.eu - Revolution Coop - Join - Spectate

Last edited by henk717; 02-27-2017 at 15:16. Reason: Added bandwith usage