View Single Post
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-28-2010 , 04:02   Re: [Any] Smoke Bomb!
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear_Suspect View Post
For now you can change sm_smokecarry to 0 and admins can give bombs to themselves / others and that'll effectively make it 'admin only'

It'll still announce itself to the others and say they have 0 bombs though, its a cvar to switch that off we're looking for ;)

/EDIT
One from our community helped me makes the changes I was looking for (I had to bug him a bit)

Sadly I forgot to get the .sp from him as well so theres only the compiled plugin.
It removes the onspawn / teamchange announcement (The "You have X smokebombs! type !smokebomb to use one")
It also changes the "You are out of smokebombs! Go resupply" to just "You are out of smokebombs!"
We've also changed some default values:
sm_smokecarry 0
sm_smokecolorhandler 3

I can try getting the .sp from him tomorrow, but from what I understand he just removed some bits to clear up the confusion that was spreading when the plugin was on (People not understanding they had 0 smokebombs and then going crazy trying to figure out how to 'resupply')
Couldn't wait a whole day huh?

~New version is out:
  • V2.1.0
    • Added a cvar to change how much the plugin prints to chat
    • Fixed it printing to chat when player's "picked up" 0 bombs.
The plugin will not print "You picked up..." if the player "picks up" 0 bombs anymore.

Change the value of sm_smoke_helptext_handler to to set what the plugin prints to chat:
0 = (Default) Everything is printed to chat as before.
= Hides the "You picked up X Smoke Bombs...." text
2 = Hides #1, and also hides the "You have used a Smoke Bomb, you have X left...." text.
3 = Hides #1 and #2, and also removes the "You are out of smoke bombs" message.
The "An Admin has given you X Smoke Bombs" text is always shown (To the admin and targeted client).

If you want to make the plugin Admin Only, just set the default number to "0" and give yourself grenades via the command.
If enough people want it, I'll add an automatic feature for admins.