View Single Post
Porcellian
Old 09-19-2021 , 13:34   128 tick servers for players with poor connection
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I have a little problem. I am hosting tournaments that can hold 16 teams, so the first stage of the tournament it is 8 servers live, with 8 matches on.

It doesn't lag at all, I even jump into the servers as a spectator, I've tried to play the tournament myself and the SV, loss and everything is just fine.

However, some people from other countries (the servers are located in germany), claim that they experience lag (specifically loss). Which is weird because on my dedicated server, it doesn't even use 40% ram, 30% CPU and the network is really good with 1000 up and 1000 down.

I believe the problem is my config, for people with poor internet. Their ping is decent (around 30-60) but they still claim they experience loss.

Dedicated specs
- 64gb ram,
- 8 core Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 4.0GHZ
- 1000 up and 1000 down internet speed.
- 240gb SSD

Plugins:
Only get5

GOTV IS ACTIVATED

My config:
PHP Code:
// Server Hibernation
sv_hibernate_when_empty 1
sv_hibernate_ms 5

// ********** Rates **********
fps_max "0"                                     // Sets the servers max fps
sv_minrate "96000"                              // Min bandwidth rate allowed on server, 0 == unlimited
sv_maxrate "0"                                  // Max bandwidth rate allowed on server, 0 == unlimited
sv_mincmdrate "128"                             // This sets the minimum value for cl_cmdrate. 0 == unlimited
sv_maxupdaterate "128"                          // Mmaximum updates per second that the server will allow
sv_minupdaterate "128"                          // Minimum updates per second that the server will allow
sv_parallel_sendsnapshot "1"                    // Controls whether the sending of network data is done on the main thread
sv_alternateticks "0"                           // If set, server only simulates entities on even numbered ticks
sv_forcepreload "1"                             // Force server side preloading
sv_maxusrcmdprocessticks "0"                    // Fixes stuttering from rubberbanding

// ............................. Server Query ............................. //
// More info at: https://www.gametracker.com/games/csgo/forum.php?thread=91691
host_name_store 1
host_info_show 1
host_players_show 2
tv_enable 1 
Any ideas?

Last edited by Porcellian; 09-19-2021 at 13:34.