View Single Post
cyxxxr
Old 08-06-2021 , 11:44   Re: Server/Client Core Affinity
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I've always read that you should never run HLDS and the client on the same computer, especially if you actually want to play the game. In fact, I can attest that it has never worked well when I've done it (and that was just for testing purposes).

Granted, that was on Windows 7. I've never played any games on Windows 10 because I switched to Linux.
You literally didn't give any form of answer to my question, instead just commented something totally irrelevant which by the way I already know, also you can read that I'm running HLDS on the same machine to run a 10man server to pug with some friends so why would I move HLDS to a seperate machine (assuming I have one - also on that note, if I really wanted to go full setup mode, I'd just buy a gameserver for 1.6 and do it the proper way, but because me and all my friends live in the same city, their is a reason why I'm running HLDS off my more than capable PC)

I'd rather prefer if you actually provide a clear-cut answer or helpful info relevant to the question being asked. Thanks.

Last edited by cyxxxr; 08-06-2021 at 11:51.