View Single Post
extrospect
Old 12-24-2009 , 09:24   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #15

Thanks for the feedback guys, I was having some issues with the top <n> system that sounded similar but I thought I had gotten rid of them before I put up the last update >,<, looks like they're still there tho xD. I'll look into it, but I'm currently doing a small re-write of that entire section so the top <n> is sent 5-at-a-time on a delay set by the user - should make it easier to view all the results compared to the way it was (meant to be xD), where it sent them all in one go. Once I actually get the new system working, which isn't going too well atm xD, I'll try replicating your results on it.

It might be helpful if either of you could post up your stats file - it's called pdpstats.txt and it's in the root folder (the one with the addons, cfg etc. folders in). Would just give me another file to look at and work with [as well as the one from my server] which might help me pin down the problem. Hopefully the stats are still being recorded fine and it's just the top display that's having issues, that way all of your pounces will still be there ready to be ranked as soon as I can fix the display function .

As far as the section names using SteamIDs, it's pretty much the only unique identifier for players, if I used names then if someone joined using the same name as another player they would be modifying each other's stats. I'm hoping it's just some small error in the coding, as I found the whole process of loading and sorting the stats a little confusing so I probably just need to take a closer look at it and see where exactly I went wrong xD.

Cheers for the feedback, I'll try to fix this and get an update up asap =].

*Edit*: Having done some brief testing with 0.8.9 and the stats file from my server [33 users, 7 with dmg pounces] the top system is working perfectly on here, I tested top 1, top 2, top 3, top 5, top 8, top [defaults to 10], top 25 and top 55 and got the expected result each time; so hopefully trying someone else's stats file might let me reproduce it. If you could list any other plugins you're using, it might help me to check that there's no obvious conflicts between them and this plugin , thanks.

Also, I know it's kind of an obvious thing, but have you scrolled up in the chatbox after entering !pdptop <n>? Cuz it prints all the results in one go, the only ones you will see without pressing y and scrolling up are the lowest ones - i.e. players who just joined the server and have blank stats; thought I'd throw it out there just incase ;D. Sounds like the problem mustafata has is definitely nothing to do with this though, and I'd like to get a copy of your statsfile if I can, as it sounds like it might be building it incorrectly and, if so, taking a look at the file will make it a lot easier for me to figure out where the plugin is goin wrong . Does it only list position 1, or does it list all the other positions (as many as there are stats entries) and they're blank [no name and 0 dmg]?

Last edited by extrospect; 12-24-2009 at 11:19.