View Single Post
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 01-09-2009 , 17:28   Re: [L4D] Volcalize Spam Guard
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman87 View Post
I was trying to make a simple plugin to stop the vocalize spam. What I found was whenever your character (or bots) in the game randomly says something it triggers the vocalize command, and when you use the radial menu to say things it will also trigger.

So that may be an issue if someone uses the radial menu to fast? I know I have to sometimes spam the "Look" vocalization because its easier to tell everyone else that there is a 'Gren/medpack/weapons' here with the in-game radial menu, rather than using my mic.

You would want to adjust this field to your needs. Default it will allow you to press the button 10 times in 3 seconds before it blocks you. So you would have be bashing on that keyboard to cause a problem where you get kicked. I would first mute you for 8 tries and kick you on the 10th.

"sm_vocalize_guard_vdelay", "3", "Delay before a player can call another Vocalize command [0 = DISABLED]"
The amount of time delay between using the 'vocalize' command. Keep in mind the players all use scripted volcalize commands when you pickup items so you will NOT want to put this to a high number or you will kick players when they pickup guns at the start of each round.

-Teddy

My Crappy Plugins: SuperBuilds, Parent Buildables,
L4D Player Info