View Single Post
anssik
Old 03-27-2024 , 06:11   Re: [HL] Block Cheat Client "BHL"
Reply With Quote #6

@DJEarthQuake: There's so much wrong in your latest post that I don't know where to begin. But I'll try.

First of all, you've completely misunderstood what even is HackerOne. Valve definitely does not pay for cheats, they pay for vulnerabilities. Those are two completely different things.

Secondly, the GitHub link you posted directly points to the cheat client. That was exactly what I was trying to avoid since linking to cheats breaks the rules, but since you've gone and posted it already, what the hell then. I am saying it again, that thing you posted is not Adrenaline Gamer, THE MOD [1][2].

I have no idea why the "BHL" cheat client uses similar cvars to make it seem like Adrenaline Gamer, maybe it's trying to throw people off the scent, or some of it's features/code is ripped off Adrenaline Gamer, I don't know. Adrenaline Gamer, the mod, has it's own servers (gamedir "ag"). You cannot play in Half-Life servers with Adrenaline Gamer client or vice-versa, obviously. Just as you cannot play on Counter-Strike servers with a Day of Defeat client, and so on. The "BHL" client is completely different, it is not a mod and it doesn't use its' own gamedir. Instead it piggybacks on the regular Half-Life client (gamedir "valve"), and lets you join unmodified vanilla Half-Life (not Adrenaline Gamer!) servers with cheat options like automatic bunnyhops and ducktaps.

To make it perfectly clear, this plugin is for vanilla Half-Life servers, not Adrenaline Gamer servers.

Frankly I do not know why the cvars are named as such, it seems like they're trying to drag the good name of Adrenaline Gamer down with it, or maybe just obscuring it's purpose to scam people like you to thinking you're dealing with a legitimate mod instead of a cheat?

Thirdly, the "force_unmodified" has been broken for a long time, ever since the introduction of the "_addon" folders. This can be exploited to bypass the check, and this is exactly how BHL also exploits it. It would be a good option if it wasn't so easy to bypass.

Finally, I tried running the plugin from the original post and it worked just fine in blocking BHL.

[1] https://www.moddb.com/mods/adrenaline-gamer
[2] https://openag.pro/

Last edited by anssik; 03-27-2024 at 06:15.