View Single Post
TiTz
Old 03-17-2020 , 19:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.5.1) [28-Jun-2019]
Reply With Quote #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
TiTz, I'm just curious what server hardware you use and what videocard you play on?

I dunno about L4D2, but in L4D1 even more than 30 normal zombies in one wave can cause crash.
Hi Dragokas,

I run my server from home on my i7 laptop with 16gb ram, samsung evo ssd drive, windows 10. can't remember what the cpu speed is ... off hand. so i play accross the lan from my main gaming computer to the laptop and clients join from my fibre connection. Main computer is an amd phenom black 6 core - with 16gb ram ssd drive and an MSI 970 vid card

It's L4D1 on a window server ...
I set the server up as 100 tick server which i found smoothed things out a bit. capped at 250 fps

I have about 100 zombies in a mega mob - also i have multi specials about 8 every 30 secs and 4 tanks - with tank helper plugin throwing more SI's and the occasional tank.
I'm not sure how the mutant zombie plugin works in terms of what percentage it uses of the horde is given to the mutants ... so it's probably not using the 150 ... but more like - maybe 50 ... is hard to tell ... but there's a lot.
I wanted the higher figure on the plugin so i could have more of the mutants i liked ... as i heavily biased it to ghosts, fire, bomb - with a few tesla and mind for added mayhem - i don't think spitter works - not seen any.

Resource monitor shows cpu using about 50% cpu average ... with a few higher spikes but most of the time bellow head room ..

Obviously i do get some server lag - but generally i get a good game ... you're welcome to come try it.

It's holysmokes: mm_dedicated_force_servers 176.26.235.192:27015

I try to use as many of silvers and your only plugins as they are less trouble and recompile them... which has made the server a lot more reliable ...

Regards

TiTz