View Single Post
SeniorRamos
Old 12-14-2011 , 14:29   Re: [ZP]CSO : Extreme Models Pack
Reply With Quote #5

Removing unused sequences from a model
(it lowers the model size in the same time)
Credits go to : Dels
First of all you have to download the tool which they are in the attachments.

First of all you have to download the tool which they are in the attachments.Models Tools.zip

(PS : images used in this Mini-tuto are from dels tutorial)

When finish downloading the files, put the model you wan't to remove unused sequences to another separate folder(make sure its an empty folder because there are going to be a lot of files in it) then go to the tools folder and open "decompiler.bat" then drag the model from your folder to the "decompiler.bat" and click 1 just like in the picture

do the same thing again but this time press 2 then Enter :

then go to the folder where you've put the model into and search for the "modelname.qc" and open it with a text editor such as notepad or notepad ++ or what ever, just like in the picture :

the sequences that they need to be used are the death sequence, "walk", "run", "idle", "dummy", and others are optional like "flinch", "crouch die" etc...
other than that there is sequences for weapons and shields, and every body knows zombies are not smart enough to use guns or shields, so we are going to remove them, but not DELETING them, DO not delete any sequence, to remove a sequence you just have to change its name, ex :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequence before change
$sequence "ref_reload_onehanded" "ref_reload_onehanded" fps 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequence after change
$sequence "ref_reload_onehanded" "I_am_a_stupid_placeholder.smd" fps 30
So basically what we did is changed the sequence name "ref_reload_onehanded" to a lower size sequence "I_am_a_stupid_placeholder" just like in the picture :

so all you have to do is to replace all the sequences names you don't need to "I_am_a_stupid_placeholder", when done modifying then just open the "compiler.bat" and drag the "modelname.qc" to the black window and hit enter just like in the picture :

for more informations i've provided you with a zombie model in a text extension to find more about removing unused sequences(thanks to Dels)base_zombie_fixed.txt, if you think that this was too hard to understand, please feel free to see a more simple but useful tutorial made by Dels, Download link :Dels Tutorial.zip
________
Fixing Death Model Animation Tutorial

________

Models Tools.zip
base_zombie_fixed.txt
Dels Tutorial.zip

Last edited by SeniorRamos; 12-15-2011 at 10:18. Reason: Made the tutorial