View Single Post
RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-29-2015 , 01:09   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Sourcepawn 1.7 transitional syntax uses the syntax that will be used in Sourcemod 2.0. The old syntax is still very valid and will probably never be deprecated in the Sourcemod 1.* branch for backward compatibility (SM would be playing with fire by losing compatibility with more than (20*80 + 20*88 + 15*45=) 4035 plugins.

However if (or when) Sourcemod 1.* branch will become deprecated at a point, that's a not-foreseeable story.

If you want to be sure that your plugins work in SM 1.7+ & SM 2.0; you can use "#pragma newdecls required". Also https://wiki.alliedmods.net/SourcePa...yntax#Examples has a small example on how to do the conversion.

EDIT :

Oops; I based myself on

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
I don't think we could get away with breaking old scripts. What we can do though is build really awesome new tools, and only allow transitioned code in the new tools. I don't know if we'll get there, but if we do - we'll be shipping two compilers and two VMs in SourceMod.
I meant Sourcemod 2.0 possible new compiler *. (of course "if" SM 2.0 ever exists)

RE-EDIT :

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
You don't need any directives to use the new syntax - just the 1.7 compiler. You can still use functag/funcenum though we have introduced a new syntax and deprecated the old one:

Code:
typedef AbilityFunction function void();

The old syntax isn't "hard deprecated"... we just don't use it upstream anymore. It'll probably get deprecated in 1.8 and removed in 1.9, or something.
Partially removed ?
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work

Last edited by RedSword; 04-11-2015 at 10:25.