View Single Post
finishlast
Old 04-01-2021 , 06:41   [L4D] is there a way to unblock certain map blocks?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there,

just a thing I thought about some time.

For example there are areas in last map of sacrafice that are blocked for survivors even though they could be funny to be used while playing that map.

i.e. the parts behind the middle generator

When you place something in front of the fence via stripper and then jump on it you can't still pass it, bc is blocked for survivors.

Would it be possible to make some sort of unlocking "portal" with x y z axis that you can place on lets say a fence like 2 meters high and then a certain width with a certain depth, that would disable the collision event and let the players pass through that and then reenables it?

Or if disabling is not possible how about teleporting the player some cm behind the block, ideally working both ways.

Like make a transparent rectangle box and according to its angle on the map you always get teleported some cm on the other side of it, like well a small teleport portal.

I would find it hilarious to play versus behind the house on SAC tbh.

Adding some stuff and cars in front of the blocks to climb up with stripper and using the portal plugin to slip through at certain fences, walls etc..