View Single Post
Hotdog Storm
Old 02-08-2010 , 20:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cull Jump in Versus
Reply With Quote #3

Great idea for a plugin and it seems stable to me, but a few observations to improve it if you're interested:

The angle doesn't work like it does in coop. If you're not facing at least 20ish degrees up the plugin will make a noise but since you didn't leave the ground all force is killed by friction at your feet, this makes it impossible to do short range jumps. With the coop jump you can even be aiming down and still get a boost, there's some minimum upward component to the vector.

This plugin doesn't allow you to go into a walljump like the coop version, even if you hold crouch mid-jump. Not sure if this is intentional or not, that can be somewhat overpowered given the lesser noise cue.

Playing around with the coop jump I also figured out why it was probably removed: If you pounce into a wall and try to walljump without holding crouch you will perform this jump instead and are unable to pounce the target unless you insert another pounce while holding crouch.

I think ideally this plugin should be closer to the coop jump in functionality, but only activate while the hunter is on the ground to prevent the "false walljump" from aggravating people.

Thanks for the effort so far!