View Single Post
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-29-2011 , 22:42   Re: [WIP] Builtin Votes
Reply With Quote #9

I was hoping to complete a new test version this weekend, but it turns out I've run into a problem. Said problem likely stems from my poor C++ skills...

Anyway, I've attached the current source tree. There are some issues with extension.cpp because I need to write some methods yet, and there is still some logic missing from the various vote classes, but that's not what I need help with.

The real problem is the "error C2259: 'L4DVote' : cannot instantiate abstract class" I'm getting from Visual Studio 2010 (note: This happens for TF2Vote, L4DVote, and L4D2Vote classes as I switch configs).

I've tried Go To Definition for every function defined in Votes.h, and every function I can see exists in Votes.cpp. Can anyone see why VC++ thinks they're all abstract classes (BaseVote's the only one that's supposed to be abstract), despite having every method I can see defined?

P.S. Is there any way to get it to tell me which method isn't defined?

P.P.S. Both the msvc9 and msvc10 projects should contain all the files necessary to compile. The msvc8 project needs Votes.h and Votes.cpp added.
Attached Files
File Type: zip builtinvotes-source.zip (38.2 KB, 771 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-29-2011 at 22:56.