View Single Post
pWEN
Old 09-19-2015 , 20:20   CS:GO Metamod not loading
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there. It's been a while since I've played CS:GO, but I heard about the new update with the fixed hitboxes and such, so I updated it. Then I remembered MM/SM will give me map rotation so I installed them. This is on a Windows 10 x64 machine, freshly installed, and I've never installed MM or SM on it. However, I can not get MM to run at all.

I followed the instructions, of course, so I have a folder hierarchy like this:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\addons
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\addons\metamod
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\addons\sourcemod
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\addons\metamod.vdf
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg\sourcemod
Here are the contents of my VDF, as generated by the MM website:
Code:
"Plugin"
{
	"file"	"../csgo/addons/metamod/bin/server"
}
I tried it first with MetaMod v1.10.6 and SourceMod v1.7.3 (5255), but meta was an unrecognized command. So I deleted the addons/metamod folder and replaced it with v1.10.7, but no luck. I looked up some more forum threads, and they said to use only the latest development branches, so I deleted everything and replaced it with MM v1.11.0 and SM v1.8.0 (5666). It still won't work. I haven't modified any of the files in these folders except for replacing the default VDF with the one generated from the MM website.

I tried adding the GameBin line to gameinfo.txt but that just caused CS:GO to crash on startup. I also tried changing the forward slashes to back slashes for both the VDF and the GameBin lines, but it didn't seem to make a difference (still crashed with the GameBin line, too).

Is there anything else I can try? Did that recent CS:GO update break everything again?