View Single Post
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2010 , 18:27   Re: Do you have a Mac?

I can't believe people have voted down this thread. :\

Anyway, note that I hate to derail this a tiny bit but Valve are not doing the Mac stuff on a whim, the Mac share of the overall market now is growing pretty rapidly, hell, even EA games cater to it now (not as well as Valve is going to, granted). Valve are making their presence felt before the inevitable push eventually by Apple themselves into the games distribution field (Apple like owning everything themselves for their market).

To the thread though I think this is a "pan out and see" issue, if Valve make it so srcds will run on Mac then I think that's fair enough, it probably needs to be ported. Otherwise if it's just listen servers (i.e. done through the client) that Valve make only available I probably wouldn't bother unless it's really easy for the SM team.

I'd definitely like to see how Source games play on the Mac just for shits and giggles anyway. A lot of Mac gamers at the moment use boot camp or whatever just to play TF2 and stuff so I know many people happy by the news with Steam going native, so to speak.