View Single Post
J-Factor
Old 07-19-2009 , 03:14   Re: [TF2] Presents!
Reply With Quote #11

Anyone who recently updated to 0.5 should update again. I made a mistake in some of my safety checks which meant the 'last player' on a full server would not be able to grab presents.

Quote:
In my personal opinion, I think you went to too much of the "mild" side of things. Need a little bit more "punch" to them. Like the sentry one. You should just spawn it with the normal amount of ammo. The very minimal ammo you gave it makes it almost useless.
Well, Instant Sentry is basically a free kill against any 125 HP class who happens to be near you. The sentry is for distraction/covering fire, it's not meant to take down multiple/tough opponents.

Quote:
The hothead roll doesnt have any effects.
It leave a trail of smoke behind you so people can follow you. Bad for spies I guess.

Quote:
There's tons of effects, but are we going to expect more?
Yes.

Quote:
You might consider changing the way you do the maps.cfg to enable maps. You should do the opposite imo. Youre making more work for admins to have to edit the maps config to add maps to be enabled.

You should do the reverse of that and make the maps.cfg the blacklist of maps that the plugin is DISABLED on instead.
You can already do that (even before the latest 0.5.1 update). Simply set sm_presents_maps_only (or the old use_maps one) to enable/disable random presents drops on maps that are NOT in the config. Each map in the config has its own enabled attribute which can be set to enable/disable it individually. E.g:

Code:
"cp_dustbowl"
{
    "enabled"    "0"
}
Quote:
Could you add 100% crits or unlimited ammo to this also?
No 100% crits.

Unlimited ammo maybe.

Quote:
dance party, or whatever you call it is extremely rage inducing. Whenever somebody gets it, half the server is taunting because they don't know what is going on. Please add a cvar to disable this, possibly cvars to enable and disable all effects individually.
Dance Fever has been nerfed from 15 seconds of taunts to 2 taunts only. Either way, you can disable it randomly dropping using effects.cfg.

Note: even if an effect is 'disabled' it can still be given to people by admins.