Thread: Section Closure
View Single Post
frap
Old 09-06-2010 , 10:54   Re: Section Closure
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
Frap, you apparently didn't see the other topics that have been deleted, which is why Matthias Vance has an issue with Kigen. People were merely asking about why he needed $300 and he was deleting the topics instead of responding. And if you don't want to use these forums, well you're just shooting yourself in the foot if you want to run popular servers.
He deleted the topics because they were turning into a "Drama-fest" so to speak, and he didn't want that on AlliedModders. The reason he needed $300 was in order to pay the monthly bill that he hosts the box on with the master server. He even said that in his main post:

Quote:
I really need to meet the donation goal by September 10th, 2010.
Maybe you think that Kigen is taking your money and buying personal stuff with it, I'm not sure if that's the case or what. But I mean, if Kigen wants to delete posts that he feels were un-reasonable, then so be it. I wouldn't use admin powers to un-delete posts. First go to kigen, send him a pm, add him on steam, do something to contact him. Then, talk to him about why the posts were getting deleted, why he needs $300, whatever needs to be done. I just find it disrespectful that his admin powers were getting over-done by another admin. Maybe Kigen was doing something wrong, maybe not, but it's his section on the forums, and he can do what he wishes to on it. Instead of over-doing what he did, talk to him and talk to other admins and see what needs to be done.