View Single Post
Carl Sagan
Old 01-28-2014 , 11:33   Re: [L4D2] Vote Blocker v1.1 (01/15/14)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
I think you play this game long enough to know that a) sourcemod is mandatory for a lot of bug fixes and b) during the game's lifetime it happens quite frequently that official servers are unavailable.
So host your own server find a group's servers that you enjoy playing on.

Quote:
What it does exactly.
You keep saying it forces you to stay on a server. It does NOT do that. You can leave at any time as you normally would. Stop saying that it forces you to stay.

Quote:
The plugin does not even tell you you are not allowed to call the vote. It kicks you instantly without any warning.
There's a cvar that turns off the kicking. I set it as a default to kick because on our servers, return to lobby is only used to grief. If they see it doesn't work, they'll just suicide or shoot teammates instead. That is why I set it to kick by default.

Quote:
There's already enough plugins blocking people's votes, but none of them kicks the players at random (from their pov). They don't know lobby votes result in kicks, and they don't know that they will get kicked if they try to kick someone as they can't see who is an admin and who isn't.
Like I said, there is a cvar that can disable kicking. By default, you don't get kicked for trying to kick an admin. These are all options. Server owners can turn them on or off however they please.

Quote:
You not being able to take constructive criticism to improve your plugin is ridiculous. But with that thinking you are not alone in the l4d community. I have learned that the hard way.
What constructive criticism have you given me? The basis of what you've said in this thread is that you don't like my plugin, it might break Allied Modders rules, and it might violate the Policy of Truth. You've started off hostile in this thread and that's why I'm responding to you this way. There has been no constructive criticism.