View Single Post
Skorpyo
Old 09-05-2017 , 21:05   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by epzminion View Post
You should make sure your client-side settings are where you want them as well (cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate in your game client console). Either that or use sv_mincmdrate and sv_minupdaterate on the server side to override the clients' settings.

I use the following settings on my 60-tick L4D1/L4D2 servers. These settings may not be ideal for you, but I've been using them for quite some time without any issues. These settings force a minimum of 60 updates/sec from server-to-client and a minimum of 30 updates/sec from client-to-server. If you want clients to send updates at a rate of 60/sec then change sv_mincmdrate to 60 instead.
Code:
sm_cvar net_splitrate 2
sm_cvar net_splitpacket_maxrate 100000
sm_cvar fps_max 0
sm_cvar sv_minupdaterate 60       // minimum server-to-client updates per second
sm_cvar sv_maxupdaterate 100
sv_mincmdrate 30       // minimum client-to-server updates per second
sv_maxcmdrate 100
sv_minrate 100000
sv_maxrate 0
The client rates change fine, and basically everything about my server config works as expected, nb_update_frequency, fps_max. etc, I can run low lerp and have smooth commons etc. Just that for some reason I can't get the servers rates to increase. Something has to be wrong with how it's installed if others have it running. I've seen 100 tick in action. The server indeed says it's running, and -tickrate 100 is set in the command line. I don't know what else to do. Thanks for your responses though, you helped me realize this much (about the folder needing to be in the addons)