View Single Post
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 08-25-2019 , 04:56   Re: CS:GO var server lagging
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGANGNAM View Post
I have tried OpenVZ and some kind of other KVM wasn't good at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpig View Post
yeah, openvz is sh*t at all things. i'd rather use kvm, openstack or vmware for vps.
When you cannot administer your things, you won't get anywhere with any of the platforms out there.

OpenVZ is the closest to the "native performance" of the physical machine you'll get, and therefore it would be better for game servers than processing them through virtualization layers like KVM or ESXi.

If you're however renting your pizza slice from e.g. Example, Inc., then it is very likely (i.e. it would be more unlikely, if they were not) that Example, Inc. is overselling their resources, such as if they have capacity for 10 pizza slices on the full pizza, they would actually be selling 15 pizza slices.

And that's where it becomes problematic, no matter what you use, when you're trying to squeeze the lemon all the way.

Nothing gets any better than how it's operated, and if the weakest link is the operator of the host itself, ... you're doomed.

If the weakest link is yourself and the money (typical: how many 128tick csgo can I run on this $1/month VPS?) you want to spend, ... you're doomed as well.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].