View Single Post
Rikaelus
Old 05-08-2010 , 21:47   Re: Advertisements - MySQL Updated 2/5/09
Reply With Quote #309

Sigh.. some more problems now, too.
It's working great for TF2 so far but it's dying on Left4Dead2. I've copied over the identical plugins (this and advertisements), the identical server.cfg settings, and the identical database information.

Restarted the server, and nada.

A possible sign of the problem during startup:
Unknown command "sm_advertisements_enabled"
Unknown command "sm_advertisements_interval"

Output of sm_reloadads:
L 05/08/2010 - 18:452: [SM] Native "SQL_TQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 05/08/2010 - 18:452: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sm_adsmysql.smx":
L 05/08/2010 - 18:452: [SM] [0] Line 562, /groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/textMVbAOF.sp::Admin_ReloadAds()

Output of "sm plugins reload":
AdsMYSQL - Connected Successfully to Database
L 05/08/2010 - 18:46:08: [sm_adsmysql.smx] AdsMYSQL - Connected Successfully to Database
[SM] Plugin Advertisements from Database reloaded successfully.

Restarted the servers multiple times now to no avail.

Same versions of SouceMod and MetaMod in both TF2 and L4D2.

I just don't get why it's failing on just one of them...

Edit:
Some new info...
- Happens even if I recompile the plugin to use the "default" DB which I know works from other plugins
- Happens with the unedited plugin (as opposed to the one with my tweaks, just to be sure)

I'll keep digging...

Edit 2:
Okay.. seems to be a false alarm, sort of. Everything works once a player enters the game- just not from the console immediately after start up. So.. this must be an odd side-effect of hibernation mode. Now I think I just need to add Left4Dead2 support... heh...

Last edited by Rikaelus; 05-09-2010 at 05:11.