View Single Post
sarysa
Old 02-23-2015 , 19:52   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.0.0 (a better mousetrap)
Reply With Quote #9

Well crouch and look up is still supported in my version.

Look down and crouch is justified because of crouch jumping. When I was helping you test one of your hales, the weighdown mistriggering was driving me nuts. I guess I'm a habitual crouch jumper even when I'm faced with the tiniest obstacle.

Also, here's a video of a hale that uses minion teleport (and has two mobility options):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOkAewRml4Q

I've since changed the charge time to zero since due to the fact she has a medigun that may be fully charged, she'll want to use crouch with her medigun-only crouch. When charge time is zero, look up and crouch is actually a good control scheme for teleport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
Basically setting yaw speed to 0, for things like straight dashes
Oh, you mean like nerfing air strafing. I honestly have no interest in coding this because players will hate it. So sayeth a no raging tryhard who loves the original super jump. (and has played way too many hours of FF2, and is privy to many peoples' opinions from many different communities)

Honestly if you want to end the no raging menace, make players' default attributes so weak that they have no choice. I've made a few strong rage + weak natural stats hales already, none of which resort to stuns either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
-But..but...telegoombas D:
I find it funny that you mentioned telegoombas but not telemelee. Telemelee has been the public teleport exploit, telegoombas only happen on VSP and maybe P3. (unless someone other than Friagram or myself has coded an out-of-body teleport?)

Last edited by sarysa; 02-23-2015 at 20:09.