View Single Post
Raritylicious
Old 08-11-2018 , 13:33   (Updated 8/13 #2) Shady Plugin Report
Reply With Quote #1

Update (8/12): Some unknown author used Oshizu's codes and made bootleg unofficial plugins.
It's not Oshizu. Sorry!
And FUCK YOU to whoever made this bootleg plugin under Oshizu's credit.
Seriously, go fuck your self.

Update (8/13): Found the bootleg author.
Update (8/13 #2): Found another bootleg illegal plugin.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm reporting this plugin on behalf of another person who purchased this following plugin (with actual money) without receiving source code file(sp).
This unknown author made bootleg plugins under Oshizu's credits and charging people money without including any source files.

When I made this person to confront the author into giving him the sp files, author did not reply.
He is even refusing to accept his friend invitation as of right now. (not Oshizu)

And as we all already know, free or purchased, not releasing the original source file is illegal under the GPL.
While the author's intention might not have been malicious, due to the possibility of having backdoors and other harmful functions without the server owner's acknowledgements, this type of violation of GPL needs to be stopped whenever found.

Hopefully, this will change thes author's mind about sharing the source code next time.

I have attached the SMX and decompiled version in txt file.
So far, I don't see any back doors or anything harmful but, the plugin requires some "core" plugins which MIGHT have those kind of backdoor systems.
I will not be able to know for sure unless author is pressured into releasing all the related sp files to all clients which he made sales to...

Author: https://steamcommunity.com/id/tnqkrtjqjsnrnswlahfma/
Purchaser: *only admins can know*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS:
If you are the author reading this, please know that I don't hate you.
I don't have anything against you.
But taking advantage of people that just don't know any better is fucked up.
if you are worried about your clients distributing your plugins, just don't sell them.
Or at least, sell them to people you can trust.

PS(8/12):
Actually, fuck you.

Name:  140IQ.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  74.8 KB
Attached Files
File Type: smx vip.smx (10.0 KB, 158 views)
File Type: txt vip.smx.txt (16.8 KB, 163 views)
File Type: smx vip2.smx (10.3 KB, 133 views)
File Type: txt vip2.smx.txt (15.9 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by Raritylicious; 08-13-2018 at 02:10.