View Single Post
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2004 , 18:46  

FAQ:
Q) I get access denied for amx_who/Whats the access level for amx_who?
A) Use flag "y", its not documented anywhere, but in the include file makes it into "y" Note: Do NOT put your admins as access level Y, they will get it automatically if they don't have the "z" access level
Or.. to change it to "z" open admincmd.sma, on line 56 change ADMIN_ADMIN to ADMIN_USER

Q) Something I got from the CVS doesn't work!
A) Well, nothing on the CVS is verifyed to be working, solution is DDT (Don't do that)

Q) Where can I get metamod?
A) www.metamod.org

Q) Map voting isn't working (0.16)
A) Look at the next post in this thread

Q) My server crashes after I screwed with my config files
A) Quick: Revert back to unmodified configs
Long: Make sure you dont have comments on the same lines as plugins in the modules.ini or Metamod plugins.ini (The AmxX plugins.ini can have comments on the same line as plugins)
And make sure the files exist with the name given

Q) Plugin X crashes my server/causes lag
A) Disable it and POST IN THAT PLUGINS THREAD, NOT THE SUPPORT FORUM.. unless there it no thread for the plugin.. remember to search the plugins forum

Q) How can I disable AmxX over rcon
Q) I have a CAL server and need to disable AmxX for a match
A) Use rcon and do "meta unload amxx" to get it back restart the server

Q) MetamodX? Whats that?
Q) Where can I get MetamodX
A) MetamodX was a patch for Metamod, that was released when MM needed updates, but the MM developers weren't getting to them fast enough.. it had been like 3 months with not a word. So don't worry if someone talks about MetamodX, just get the latest Metamod

Q) My /top15 doesn't display all 15
A) There isn't much you can do, its caused by the length limit thats built into CS. The AmxX top15 display goes over this limit, meaning parts of the top15 won't display

Q) Where can I get vexd and/or xtrafun?
A) You can't, those modules have been merged into engine and fun, if a plugin needs them, it may need to be converted to AmxX

Q) No one can connect to my server, or it doesn't appear on the server list
A) On your router, you need to forward some ports. This is done using your routers web interface (or other methods)

Please, click Here for instructions. If your router isn't listed there, please check its manual.
The ports you need to forward, are 27015-27020.

Also, if there has been a recent steam update, try running the autoupdater

Verify that these lines are in your server.cfg:
Code:
sv_lan 0
sv_region 255