View Single Post
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-10-2018 , 16:35   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
Still there's no point on this, the sad thing here is that servers don't have it easy when they have to compete against another server using !ws even if the other server is pure shit.
Pretty much what sums up this thread. You could have a top notch quality server, great community, and your server will suffer simply because some shit-tier, no effort server has !ws/!knife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelipoika View Post
If your server is an enjoyable experience people will play on it
Once you get a bit of in-depth experience and knowledge of the actual CS:GO community, you'll know this simply is not true. The community average age definitely seems significantly lower than that of TF2's (since we're comparing), and the desire for shiny pixels outweighs that of quality gameplay.

Rough example: Run 1 surf server with an impeccable, feature-rich timer, and a boatload of well curated maps, and run another surf server with 1/4 of those maps, a timer that constantly has problems, variance spiking all over the place, and exploited times - but it has !ws/!knife. Which one will people choose? You guessed it, the latter.

Just a note, this isn't a hypothetical - I've observed this as a reality and could definitely name names if I really felt the desire to.

It's a pretty shit feeling that having run game servers for a long time, putting so much time and effort in, just for that to be ruined by some other no-effort server. I personally have sent Valve numerous information-filled emails about the issue (not just mindless ranting), for all of them to be ignored. If they at minimum made it so everyone was on the same playing field, I wouldn't mind, but at some point the frustration really gets to you. The players want to play with fancy weapon skins, and if you don't have it, oh well, onto the next, no matter how quality your server may be.