View Single Post
FeuerSturm
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-08-2008 , 12:44   Re: I will code a plugin request for a sourcemod donation
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT View Post
lol im not really concerned about the money. I just really appreciate the work Bailopan, predcrab, and the rest of the Sourcemod team put into this project, and while I cant really afford to donate money right now, I figured I can donate my time instead.

FeuerStorm: I have no problems changing something for someone and updating it if there are bugs, or until they are happy with it. I dont plan on writing a ranks system, or a complete game changing mod. Most of the plugins requested on this forum aren't very hard at all, there are just so many that we cant really get around to making them all.

Also, im not looking to make anyone go broke. In most cases I probably wont even ask how much they donated, just that they donate what the plugin is worth to them.
Ok, there's a list on SourceMod.net now that shows who donated and how much, so one problem less, but what about the rest of the problems like
having an area for that "project"?
There's a private "Donor Access" subforum, but if you don't donate, you
won't get in there either, so how are you planning to not lose track
of requests that are posted in the public area?

I could install some kind of plugin request forum or website dialog on
my webserver, but that would completely be off track as I think
it has to be done here (somewhere)

Anyways, still a good idea with some barriers!

/* Just a thought:
Maybe Bailopan could "backup" a team of SM scripters with subforum and kind of "authorizes" them to officially fulfill plugin requests in exchange for a donation to SM that fits to the work the plugin needs. */