View Single Post
FeuerSturm
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-07-2008 , 11:44   Re: I will code a plugin request for a sourcemod donation
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT View Post
Honestly, with the amount of coders compared to the amount of people requesting plugins, especially ones that are so specific that no one else would probably run it, the chances of it getting made for free are slim to none. Most coders charge 30-50$ an hour minimum.

So I will code plugin requests if you will make a donation to Sourcemod. Theres no set amount, just dont ask me to write a 5000 line plugin and expect to donate a dollar. I have my own personal projects, and I also do paid projects, so I won't take every job put here. However, if you will make a fair donation to the allied modders team, I will gladly write the plugin for you.
Basically that's a good idea and I'd jump in as soon as DoD: Source
plugins re requested, BUT there's still some problems:

- How do you want to control if the user really donated the agreed amount of money and if he did it at all?

- If you charge money for your work, no matter if for you or for the SourceMod project, you're kind of responable for the work you've done,
so please take into account that you have to change one plugin 10 times
as it's still not fitting to what the donator wants.
That's positive on "free coding", the person your doing it for has to be kind of happy with what they get even if it's not 100%ly what they wanted.

- I'd wait for Bailopan's thoughts on that before starting those offers as it may still be the case that he wouldn't be happy with that even if it could
lower the amount of money that he has to spend on this project from his own money.

- You'd need a subforum for that and you'd need to be able to have
some moderation rights in it, a single post for all requests will fill up
completely within a few days and you'll lose track.

Like I said, I'd be up for that as well for DoD: Source plugins and it's
a good idea, you/we just have to eleminate some problems and get
the OK of Bailopan. Maybe he's in a good mood and splashes out
an own subforum for that, maybe he doesn't like the idea, we will see.

P.S.:
@BAILOPAN:
Where's the promised "support" button on SourceMod.net????
I have money to spread before my girlfirend uses it all up!
(I hope she never reads this, else I'm dead )