View Single Post
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2017 , 17:00   Re: TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1MOXA View Post
The tool sometimes wont handle 100% of the processing. The point is that it usually gets you MOST of the way, if not all of the way there. See OP for notes of what it doesnt handle currently.

For this plugin, they declare new variables across multiple lines in a single statement. The line breaks in the middle of the statement are throwing the tool off. The less typical the formatting style of the coder, the more likely it might not be processed 100% correct.

I also noticed that the "Break apart lines where variables of multiple types are declared." part I thought was done doesn't appear to work on this plugin, so for now I've edited the OP description of things that need to be done to reflect this.

The tool also didn't detect the native GivePlayerItem (from SDKTools) as an int, and thus put the function type as "void". I noticed my include is in new syntax, so I'm not sure if it is processing new-syntax includes correctly, and will have to make edits for that one of these days.

I've attached my edited .sp's of the plugin and a compiled version in new syntax for your convenience.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_advanced_admin newsyntax.sp - 360 views - 48.4 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_advanced_admin.sp - 356 views - 48.4 KB)

Last edited by headline; 07-24-2017 at 12:03.