View Single Post
ot_207
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2009 , 12:29   Re: CS/CZ Ricochet
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
It's only minor things.

- Instead of hardcoding decals and getting game, you should use [i]EngFunc_DecalIndex(/i]. All is you need is to retrieve the first decal in a global var : gShot1Decal = engfunc( EngFunc_DecalIndex, "{shot1" );, then doing : gShot1Decal - random( 5 ); .
- To be more readable, use an enum with the sounds array. :p
- Use const instead of #define for the bitsums. The reason is using const the value will be calculated one time at the compilation, using #define not.
- I don't understand the first trace line you do. Is it really need ? I mean the trace is already done ( thdl ). Explain, please :p
- Why do you use blood_spray() ? Using TraceAttack, the victim should get some blood already.
- "hitgroup == 8" ; Why don't you create a define : const HIT_SHIELD = 8;
- Also, using a switch for "hitgroup" would be more neat and you could use one emit_sound(); armor == CS_ARMOR_VESTHELM ? sounds[5] : sounds[random(3)]
- I would use MSG_PVS for TE_TRACER too.

That's all.
1. I didn't know about that, Thanks! Could you give me an example of the usage.
2. LoL, true, but I think that I won't do it.
3. That I didn't know, will do it!
4. The first traceline is to determine whether the bullet goes through wall. That is made to make the bullet deflect not go through it if the properties are met.
5. On my no-steam server it didn't appear so I've placed it in the code. If it is a problem I will remove it.
6. Lol again, but will do
7. Ok ...
8. Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadiR View Post
can you give us a picture or video ?
Will do, in the following day you will have a video.

Back, will come around when I have time.

Last edited by ot_207; 08-23-2009 at 12:34.