View Single Post
Kira20
Old 01-26-2021 , 12:48   Re: [L4D2] Points System (v1.8.0, 2016-04-11)
Reply With Quote #110

I have a slight issue with this plugin, using the ones provided by user @kaden

Changing the value of: "Points to start each round/map with." from default 100 to 10 for example does not work. Points started will always be 100. Anyone else facing this issue?

EDIT:

Could someone tell me which values/functions to change in the .sp file so that players points are reset everytime they leaves or when server shuts down. The player points stay the same currently no matter when the next campaign started or when someone left and joined again later. Its also preventing me from setting how many points to start with everytime a campaign or round starts.

EDIT 2:

Nevermind, seems like I've figured it out somehow by editing a few things in the .sp. Plugin working and operating as I intended as of now with no issues.

I will provide my own edited attempt of the l4d2_points_system.sp in case anyone needs it. I don't know what I'm doing honestly, I just self-taught myself and learn few stuffs here and there throughout this site, so my "edits" in the .sp file is laughable, but it works, so yeah . In this version, I adjusted the prices of items and points earned from kills. But of course, you can change the values to your liking with the generated cfg. I also disabled/ruled-out (is that the term?) the SQL database thingy and the Steam Group thing. So there will be no more random 100 points for example every 10 minutes, neither will your points be stored anymore when server shuts down and such. This is for people that would like the "old" way how this plugin was but with newer syntax and such, including updated items list, a big thanks to user @kaden. You will still need to get the rest of the files from his post.

Please use your own Sourcemod compile.exe located in the scripting folder. It will give 3 warnings upon compilation but the plugin will compile and works fine. I've tested this several times on my own end.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_points_system.sp - 501 views - 119.5 KB)

Last edited by Kira20; 01-29-2021 at 09:06.