View Single Post
XARIUS
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-26-2008 , 10:06   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight
Reply With Quote #16

Code:
L 09/25/2008 - 09:47:36: [SM]   [2]  Line 744, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/7/7/5/1/31782.attach::PanelHandler()
L 09/25/2008 - 09:47:36: [SM] Native "GetClientTeam" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
That one really has me stumped. Panel handler only fires when someone pushes 1 or 2. It automatically gives me the client index of who pushed it, so it must be returning 0 for some odd reason. I've put a check in there for that.

In my effort to try and keep the fight fair, I've tried to eliminate things like, picking up weapons, knifing the other guy before the countdown is over etc. Removing the knife is the only way I've been able to do that. Giving it back reliably has turned into a pita!

I tried a few things with zero success. Blocking player hurt crashes the server. Re-writing it for no damage does absolutely squat. blocking weapon_fire works for guns, but doesn't prevent the knife from swinging.

I got really frustrated with hooking events Pre, because it seems 90% of them you can't really re-write or block without dire consequences! Assuming they even fire at all.

If I can't get the knife return to be 99% reliable, I'll just stop stripping it away and it'll hafta be one of those things we deal with.

PS. Sorry this just turned into a blog :p

X