View Single Post
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-01-2012 , 10:03   Re: [TF2] Horsemann Healthbar - 1.3.2, Updated 2012-08-16
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensBro View Post
I'm not sure they broke it on puppose like you think they did from what i can see all they did was add more bosses in the file. this is how it was

so then i look in the models folder then in bots the old way just had a gib folder and the headless_hatman files now from the last mvm update in that same folder they added 6 more boss folders and the headless_hatman i feel the script just needs to be written differnt for it to be read right. plus i took a look at that one tank plugin someone made so i try'd it out and when you spawn the tank it has the "../hud/halloween_bar" instead of the bar for the tank so that is kinda weird i guess that is why i am thinking the script just needs to match the way they have it set up in the folders to work right. or am i not thinking right on this>?
No, they didn't break it intentionally, but it clearly isn't working like it used to. It used to be updating the health value of the monster_resource entity (which always exists as entity MaxClients + 8 (32 on a 24 players server), according to my testing) would display the healthbar and setting the health value to 0 on it would make it vanish.

It's also not spawning at all on koth_viaduct_event when Monoculus auto-spawns if you have Halloween mode on, which means it's broken for Monoculus.

This means that before, this wasn't a server-controller VGUI panel, but rather one that the client spawned while watching specific entity values. I can't say about how it works now; I have to do some testing on the tank boss to find out.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-16-2013 at 14:09.