View Single Post
Zack771
Old 05-19-2014 , 15:14   [CS:S] NetChannel error (console spam, kick client) - Server crash without error logs
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

In my ba_jail (map is always ba_jail_electric_razor_v6) server i've got an error that spam the client console with this message :
Quote:
Netchannel: failed reading message svc_UserMessage from 87.98.136.162.
And client get kicked with the message :
Quote:
Buffer overflow in net message
So i've started to make hypotesis :
In one of my plugin i got StartMessageOne() to every client (can't make StartMessageAll because of client specific requirements) each second of game, so maybe it can come from that ?
PHP Code:
new Handle:hKHT;
kKHT StartMessageOne("KeyHintText",client);
if(
hKHT != INVALID_HANDLE) {

BfWriteByte(hKHT,1);

BfWriteString(hKHTscreenMessage); //screeMessage initialized just before this with a Format();

EndMessage();

I've watch that this error came specifically when player turn ON their mic, but i don't know how to solve this problem if it's that (maybe the sv_alltalk "1" ?)

In the screenlog.0 file i've watch a lot of this line :
Quote:
DataTable warning: player: Out-of-range value (5000.000000) in SendPropFloat 'm_vecBaseVelocity', clamping.
I know this is saying that a player going to fast, but i don't know how it can be cause (maybe with noclip ? Maybe with a func_physbox in the map ?)

If somebody got an idea of where the problem can be, and how can i solve it please ?

Thanks by advance.

Last edited by Zack771; 07-01-2014 at 11:23.