View Single Post
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-20-2015 , 18:05   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
Thank you psychonic. I'm afraid I don't know how the code behind plugins works so I ask some elementary questions sometimes. Hopefully you and the guys don't mind answering them. I know it can be annoying sometimes.

I noticed HLSW can no longer retrieve and display the steamIDs of players in my servers like it could when I was running SM 1.6. It now only grabs the IP addresses when viewing players in the servers I run and the optional field for capturing the steamID is grayed out and unavailable now. I reverted one of the servers back to SM 1.6 and the HLSW steamID capture field started working again, so the 1.7 update definitely changed some behavior with HLSW.

Is there anyway to restore this functionality to HLSW with SM 1.7 so HLSW can grab the steamIDs of the players? It was great to be able to click a user's steamID in HLSW so I could open their profile or ban them in SourceBans without having to do a bunch of leg work on the Web to get the info.

Thank you and have a great weekend.
HLSW was relying on old behavior.

TF2 switched to SteamID3 sometime last year.

SourceMod 1.6.1 (or was it 1.6.2) and newer had a compatibility hack to make certain parts of SourceMod return SteamID2 (the old format) instead.

SourceMod 1.7.0 and newer no longer have that compatibility hack and it sounds like HLSW has it hard-coded to check for SteamId2 values and not show them if it thinks the format is wrong.

Edit: Side note, it is possible to get SteamID2 values in newer plugins, but it requires a new method call to do it (GetSteamAuthId)

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-20-2015 at 18:11.