View Single Post
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-25-2009 , 08:07   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergreg View Post
For new users of this plugin, having an option to turn on verbose mode would be useful. It helps understand what the plugin is doing (or not doing), and how it works. I suggest you provide a cvar or define for how much stuff the plugin outputs to chat.
Output:
- Verbose: Notifications could be as is, everything is output
- Regular: Like you suggested in previous post
- Minimal: Only output when it does detect something/someone

I know I would probably start out with verbose, and then proceed to use regular mode after a while.

I also agree that coloring can be a bit much, some of us already have other plugins to color anything in amx_chat. I like the idea of putting 1 asterix * in front of medium important messages, and ** in front of extra important ones. I do however see your point about length, so if I was to choose coloring, I would only color the detected-line as you propose, but I would use red color to symbolize danger/something negative, and only color the words "detected" and/or "aimbot". I don't see any logic in coloring the header of the message.

Thanks a lot for the continued effort, gotta love the idea behind this.
You make good points and I agree with what you say about the levels of notification. The only reason I added notifications for everything is so the user would know that the plugin is working and there are reasons behind, for example, the bot not being spawned due to full server or due to victim location. I will add a cvar to control the level of notification. I think coloring of the header will look neater than coloring a random word within the message. Being it will only be colored on an aimbot detection I think it is just enough to catch an admins eye at the same time not be overwhelming since it will be very infrequent. Unfortunately, red can only be displayed for players on terrorist team (as blue can only be displayed for CT's). Green can be shown for either team.

+karma

Edit: I added a cvar to control the level of notifications:

ad_verbosemode, default 3

VERBOSE_0 //Nofication disabled
VERBOSE_1 //Display detections only
VERBOSE_2 //Display only when watches enabled\disable and when player detected
VERBOSE_3 //Display everything

Last edited by Bugsy; 02-25-2009 at 08:27.