View Single Post
karlos
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2004 , 16:27  
Reply With Quote #27

it doesnt play the sounds from the soundpack or your custom?
i noticed it with custom wavs but that was on won, dont know if still with steam cause i have not added new sounds recently
but its not the file size but rather the bit depth and sample rate
some play with 8bit 11Khz other dont (dont know why, its hl)
try to resample or increase bit depth or both

i dont really want to make a new one, But do this:
just delete the plugin_precache function and recompile
Code:
public plugin_precache(){     new configpath[60]     get_configsdir(configpath,60)     format(FILENAME,127,"%s/SND-LIST.CFG",configpath) // Name of file to parse     parse_sound_file(FILENAME)     new i     for ( i = 0; i < MAX_KEYWORDS + 2; ++i ){         new j         for ( j=0; j < MAX_RANDOM; ++j ){             if ( i < MAX_KEYWORDS && strlen(WordWavCombo[i][TOK_LENGTH*(j+1)]) ){                 new temp[128]                 format(temp,127,"sound/%s",WordWavCombo[i][TOK_LENGTH*(j+1)])                 if ( file_exists(temp) ){                     precache_sound(WordWavCombo[i][TOK_LENGTH*(j+1)])                 }             }else if ( strlen(Join_wavs[TOK_LENGTH*j]) && i == MAX_KEYWORDS ){                 new temp[128]                 format(temp,127,"sound/%s",Join_wavs[TOK_LENGTH*j])                 if ( file_exists(temp) ){                     precache_sound(Join_wavs[TOK_LENGTH*j])                 }             }else if ( strlen(Exit_wavs[TOK_LENGTH*j]) && i == MAX_KEYWORDS + 1 ){                 new temp[128]                 format(temp,127,"sound/%s",Exit_wavs[TOK_LENGTH*j])                 if ( file_exists(temp) ){                     precache_sound(Exit_wavs[TOK_LENGTH*j])                 }             }         }     } }