View Single Post
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2016 , 17:08   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by starblaster64 View Post
I'd suggest switching from the RoundStartPost timer you have set up to hooking the arena_round_start event instead, which fires right after players are able to start moving.
Reason being is twofold. One, one less timer to deal with. Two, tf_arena_preround_time is not always set to 10.0.
I've successfully implemented arena_round_start so I'll post it up for updated vsh2 1.0.2 beta
Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Also, not particularly important since developers can change it themselves, but you might want to put the section of code that causes damage dealt to minions to hurt the Boss into a case statement thing by default. I'm sure not everyone would want that as a global effect for all bosses. EDIT2: Actually, isn't the entire concept super broken if a Spy backstabs a minion?
request successfully implemented. Secondly, Spy backstabbing a minion shouldn't kill off the boss because the damage is capped at the minion's max health but that's how I implemented it only for Plague Doctor.

Regardless, this implementation will be available in vsh2 1.0.2 Beta

Quote:
EDIT: What's with the random line of code "blocking" the Persian Persuader in Handler.sp, line 1028?
Code:
if (GetIndexOfWeaponSlot(base.index, TFWeaponSlot_Melee) is 404)    // block Persian Persuader
that is legacy code I meant to remove but forgot to. No worries.

Also, Fixed a glitch with Plague Doctor where the actual boss is dead but if minions are still alive, the round doesn't win for Red team.
Replaced boss arrays with ArrayList for listing out the amount of active bosses and giving their intro message.

Last edited by nergal; 08-28-2016 at 17:21.