View Single Post
Toranks
Old 05-23-2022 , 01:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Shove Handler (1.2) [20-May-2022]
Reply With Quote #5

Thank you very much for the plugin! I know it's been the hardest of the three that fixes instakills, because of the weird amount of issues it's come up with, but I've been playing around with it local and server and it works great, no more bugs of any kind.
I leave here a list of how the shoves work in common and special in detail, so that you can adjust the values to your liking with respect to the vanilla values:

- 1 shove to kill common from behind
- 1 - 2 shoves to kill idle wanderer
- 2 - 4 shoves for an aware wanderer
- 4 - 7 shoves to kill a mob's common
- 5 shoves to kill a SI
- except for the boomer, only 4 shoves
- riot zombies can't get killed by shoving
- Tank, witch and charger can't get killed by shoving
- Shoving a charger during his charge will stop him, but it's a near frame perfect trick (this can be fixed with this plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2681185
- Under the effects of adrenaline, you can stun a charger with a shove.
- You can kill a jockey with one single bash by shoving in his genitals. It often happens when he is leaping over you and you bash upward right in the balls.
- SI can recover from shoves chained if they escape before dying, which means the counter get back to 0 and you have to start over.
- Shoving a spitter will make it loses his ability to spit.
- Theoretically, and based on the vanilla shove script (weapon_melee.txt), each shove does 36 damage

If you use this mod to nerf shoves, I suggest increasing the number of shoves before get tired, for balance. There is the cvars with the defaults values:
z_gun_swing_coop_max_penalty 8
z_gun_swing_coop_min_penalty 5
z_gun_swing_vs_max_penalty 6
z_gun_swing_vs_min_penalty 3

Last edited by Toranks; 05-23-2022 at 06:45.