AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-03-2011 , 03:18   [TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser
Reply With Quote #1

Requirements:
Team Fortress 2
SourceMod 1.4.0 or newer
BuiltinVotes Extension 0.5.0 or newer

Description:
This is, literally, a drop-in replacement for the SourceMod MapChooser, with the Menu-related code replaced with BuiltinVotes vote-related code. It even uses the standard MapChooser's mapchooser.cfg. Note: It does not remove mapchooser, you need to do that yourself.

The major difference from MapChooser is that BuiltinVotes MapChooser uses the F1-F5 keys for voting instead of 1-6 (or 4-8 for MapChooser Extended).

Sample vote.

And the vote finished without me choosing anything, so it chose for me.

Changelog
  • 1.4.0.1: Updated for BuiltinVotes 0.5.0 to add the Changing Map... success screen for instant map changes like rtv.
  • 1.4.0.0: Fixed bug when checking if a vote is running.
  • 1.4.0b2: Fixed Extend/Don't Change. Note that both are listed as "Extend current Map" because it is unclear if TF2 will auto-translate this phrase.
  • 1.4.0b1: Initial Public Release, based on MapChooser 1.4.0

Known Bugs:
See: BuiltinVotes Known Bugs.

BuiltinVotes hooks five SourceMod vote-related cvars for displaying ongoing votes:
  • sm_vote_delay
  • sm_vote_progress_hintbox
  • sm_vote_progress_chat
  • sm_vote_progress_console
  • sm_vote_progress_client_console

Things that would be nice to have
  • It would be nice to change the rtv message to the one displayed when a ChangeLevel vote passes (BultinVotes does not currently support this)

This plugin (and BuiltinVotes) need testers. There's a reason this is marked as being 1.4.0b1. Because it's based on SourceMod MapChooser 1.4.0 and it's a beta product.

Get Plugin does not work because this requires builtinvotes.inc to compile.
Attached Files
File Type: inc builtinvotes.inc (21.8 KB, 1329 views)
File Type: smx builtinvotes_mapchooser.smx (15.5 KB, 1829 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (builtinvotes_mapchooser.sp - 1199 views - 31.4 KB)

Last edited by KyleS; 10-08-2012 at 00:23. Reason: Feedback Given.