View Single Post
Qtheman
Old 10-19-2020 , 18:40   Re: [L4D2] Find entities/models attached to survivors?
Reply With Quote #4

Apologies for the double-post.

Okay, I did some poking around now, and I came across m_iAddonBits. Google suggests that in CS:S, this is used to spawn client-side models for equipment attached to players, and from poking around a bit, I strongly suspect L4D/2 uses this as well - having the/a pistol(s) equipped and holstered, for instance, seems to add 2 to the value, for instance (or rather, it sets the second-lowest bit).

From poking around a bit, I think having the defib paddles out sets the second-highest bit, while having them on your back sets the fourth bit from the right (adding 64 or 8, respectively).

This is a start, because it at least gives me something I can start looking into - which I guess means, my question now is: Is there anything I can do from the server to client-side entities using SourceMod, or am I out of luck here?

Thanks again.

EDIT: Okay, did some more playing around by making a quick and dirty plugin to find entities by their model name - the entity the defib uses on the player's back without the paddles attached does not show up in the server's entity list when searched for, which seems to me to be confirmation that it's a client-side entity only.

Last edited by Qtheman; 10-19-2020 at 19:23.