View Single Post
Deathrow Bo Dean
Old 06-27-2021 , 13:43   Re: Looking 4 L$D2 Dedicated Server Scripts
Reply With Quote #7

OK; I think I sort of understand just what you mean. My system is set up this way. I use a Windows 8.1 Desktop computer to host the L4D2 game. That desktop computer is using a cable modem with just a Comcast internet connection. That Comcast cable has no TV or Telephone connections. It has an ip address that I use when I launch the server. That connection uses a Aries Surfboard router. After I launch this server I see that it is activated on the Steam network. I can change a map OK and check MM and SM versions. I use Steam CMD to get that L4D2 dedicated server file.
I use separate desktop computer running Windows 10 connected to a AT&T DSL 2Wire router This is the computer that is my personal computer that has all my steam games that I play on it. I admin L4D2, Counter Strike, Killing Floor and other games with it. I use this computer to connect to the games I host from the computer connected to Comcast.
However, L4D2 is the only game that I can't find or even connect to. I've even tried to connect as a Lan or tried to connect with my host id. I can only connect tp the L4D2 splash page of the map group but the game does not load. I can connect to L4D2 and play games that are listed on the Community Servers Group OK.
Which of the above scrips should I use to correctly see the game I've launched from the Comcast cable dedicated server?