View Single Post
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-13-2011 , 15:02   [CS:S] Chicken Mod
Reply With Quote #1

This is a combined effort by me and Peace-Maker (and others) to revive TechKnow's sm_chicken plugin. If I posted this in error or out of place, let me know and I'll remove it. I am in no way trying to step on toes or take credit for other people's work - just wanted to post this plugin after I finalized it to work as it used to.

Admin Command line is:
sm_chicken <name/@all/@t/@ct > <1/0> (1=on/0=off)

CVARS

Taken from TechKnow's site description:

This mod plugin alows admins to turn a single player or a team or everyone into knife fighting chickens on invisible skateboards. They peck with every knife stab, Their legs skamper as you walk or run, They jerk their head while running or walking and look around while idle. The CT Chickens are blue and the T chicken are red.

When a player becomes a chicken their health gets placed at 200, their gravity is set to what you want, their speed is set to what you want, and all weapons but the knife (and optional hegrenade) are removed and you are prevented from geting any other weapon. And every time a chicken gets killed it cries out "BUCK BUCK BUGOCK!!" All models (chickens) are reset to standard at the start of every round, (IE your chicken status is removed).

New in 0.7.5 - you can now set the gravity of the chickens and there's a cvar to allow hegrenades or not.

New in 0.7.6.1 - You can now set the speed of the chickens.

Original plugin by TechKnow who, by the looks of his site, dropped this plugin's support - http://sourcemodplugin.14.forumer.co...opic.php?p=2#2

Requirements:
SDKHooks
SourceMod 1.3+

Optional:
Updater - if you want to have this plugin auto update when a bug is fixed or features are added

Known Issues:
[FIXED] - You can only turn a player (or players) into a chicken and back to a human once. If you turn them into a chicken again, they will remain that way until round end or upon player's death.

No known issues at the moment (as of 0.7.6.1)

To Do:
Perhaps enhance this plugin to automatically turn a player into a chicken if they camp too long? Just an idea if anyone wants to pick it up from here :) I'll work on that next

Special thanks to the following:
Peace-Maker
TechKnow
pRed
dalto
and DarthNinja
(I sampled his code for the @targets part)

They really did all of the hard work, all I did was make the plugin work with @targets. Peace-Maker removed the need for a gamedata by updating the code with newer code - Thanks all. This is a great plugin and I'm glad it's back.

This post describes what Peace-Maker did to make this plugin work again, however, the FindTarget only allows to target one player and not @targets. I used DarthNinja's cash plugin as a guide to alter the Chicken plugin to work with @targets

CHANGE LOG:
Old .sp files will be added to "Old Chicken Files.zip" Zip file will contain the model, material, and sound files.
05/22/11
* version updated to 0.6
* fixed the bug where player's guns were turned to knives dropped after they became chickens which caused knives to litter the map.
* Added back #pragma semicolon 1
* Changed the messages sent to players to be more aesthetic

Version 0.7.x
Code:
0.7		-	started using sdkhooks to block the pickup of weapons while a chicken
		-	Rewrote a lot of the code to clean it up

0.7.1		-	Used some stocks and functions from SMLib - thanks goes to benri for those
0.7.2		-	Added config file
0.7.3		-	Misc code fixes regarding PrecacheModel
0.7.4		-	Added "Updater" capability
0.7.5		-	Added translation file.  Went through and commented a lot of the code.
0.7.6		-	Fixed sm_chicken_version - it now has FCVAR_PLUGIN|FCVAR_SPONLY|FCVAR_REPLICATED|FCVAR_NOTIFY
0.7.6.1		-	Plugin now has 4 digit version number.  
		-	Added CVar for Updater.  
		-	Added FCVAR_DONTRECORD flag to plugin version CVar
		-	Added speed of chicken CVar
0.7.6.2		-	Fixed bug where some clients would not be issued a pistol on the round after being a chicken
		-	Added Event_RoundEnd and code for when mp_restartround is used
		-	Added CS_OnBuyCommand so player's cannot buy weapons while a chicken (saving them their money)
		-	Added two new entries in the sm_chicken.phrases.txt translation file
0.7.6.3		-	Added chicken vote (!votechicken) so, if enough players vote for it, the next round will be a chicken round
0.7.6.4		-	Enhanced the code to add the model/material/sound files to the download tables.
		-	Added a couple new entries to the translation files.
Due to the includes the web compiler will fail if you click GET PLUGIN so, you'll have to use the attached SMX file or compile it yourself. SDKHooks, colors, and updater includes were used.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

White list example

If upgrading, backup your configuration file, delete it, and let the plugin create a new one for you, then edit it how you want. Especially since 0.7.6.3 there are new CVars to control the voting for a Chicken Round.
Attached Files
File Type: ini chicken.ini (757 Bytes, 1980 views)
File Type: zip Chicken.zip (375.3 KB, 2761 views)
File Type: smx Chicken.smx (20.5 KB, 1478 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Chicken.sp - 1184 views - 31.8 KB)
File Type: txt sm_chicken.phrases.txt (1.5 KB, 1364 views)

Last edited by TnTSCS; 02-27-2012 at 16:23. Reason: Update from 0.7.6.2 to 0.7.6.4