View Single Post
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 06-18-2006 , 20:44  

what Multiply forgot to mention (but told me in IRC) is that he successfully tested the plugin
- with CS 1.6
- with hltv

i wasn't surprised that it works for 1.6. i even tried to have the plugin running on my 1.5 server but had an 1.6 server in the list. the status information for the 1.6 server was displayed perfectly, but of course redirection fails for this
i will look how difficult it would be to check whether the own mod and server version is different from the server in the list and then disable the server for redirection if different. for now i think it wouldn't be too difficult, because the plugin already receives the protocol and mod information, only that it currently doesn't care for this data.

oh and Multiply, please tell us what amxx version you have running on the test server. i bet it was a newer one than mine, wasn't it?

and many thanks for the hltv test. i never thought of this possibility, but this means you could even use the plugin to switch between a server and its hltv, or between several hltv's or or or... - cool!